Help - Slow acceleration 2006 Kia Sorento - Kia Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Kustu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Finland
Posts: 3
Drives: Kia Sorento 2006
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Question Help - Slow acceleration 2006 Kia Sorento

I have a problem in my Kia Sorento 2006 with 2.4 petrol engine and manual gearbox. The problem is that when I accelerate it accelerates fine until I hit to about 2500rpm and after that it start's to be sluggish. Couple weeks ago it game me p0421. I have unplugged o2 sersors and no effect. I have tried to hit the catalystic converter but no sounds coming from it. Sorento idles pretty good but after 2500rpm it gets pretty slow. And it sometimes "kicks back". It feels like a bit stuffy when I accelerate. And with an heavy trailer the fuel consumption is like 3-4 litres more to 100km compaired to what it was before. I donít really know whatís wrong with it.

I hope someone would maybe know what's wrong!


-----
Kustu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator
 
ron1004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 8,469
Drives: 1999 Kia / 기아 Elan, 2017 Ford Edge Sport, 2015 Ford Mustang, 2008 Harley Nightrain
Gallery: 13
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustu View Post
I have a problem in my Kia Sorento 2006 with 2.4 petrol engine and manual gearbox. The problem is that when I accelerate it accelerates fine until I hit to about 2500rpm and after that it start's to be sluggish. Couple weeks ago it game me p0421. I have unplugged o2 sersors and no effect. I have tried to hit the catalystic converter but no sounds coming from it. Sorento idles pretty good but after 2500rpm it gets pretty slow. And it sometimes "kicks back". It feels like a bit stuffy when I accelerate. And with an heavy trailer the fuel consumption is like 3-4 litres more to 100km compaired to what it was before. I donít really know whatís wrong with it.

I hope someone would maybe know what's wrong!
You should try removing the O2 sensor to asses if its a blocked CAT.

Hitting or knocking the CAT won't tell you much.

Quality and not quantity counts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sig image is 500X100 at 11.7 kb
ron1004 is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 11:43 AM
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 1,984
Drives: 2017 AWD Sportage SX - Black / Beige
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)

maybe a blocked cat-con?


oh, I see ron beat me to it.....
Sloppy is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Kustu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Finland
Posts: 3
Drives: Kia Sorento 2006
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Another thing just occured. Now it screams and the loudnes of the screaming depends on how hard I press the gas pedal. Could it be exhaust manifold?

-----
Kustu is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 08:14 AM
Veteran
 
gee6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rural Bedfordshire, UK.
Posts: 1,650
Drives: 08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)

There is not much info for the 2.4 gas/petrol engine on this forum. Do you know if any other models used that engine? There might be some info there. Otherwise you would have to go with generic info for the style of engine. Does it have a turbo?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gee6 is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator
 
ron1004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 8,469
Drives: 1999 Kia / 기아 Elan, 2017 Ford Edge Sport, 2015 Ford Mustang, 2008 Harley Nightrain
Gallery: 13
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1004 View Post
You should try removing the O2 sensor to asses if its a blocked CAT.

Hitting or knocking the CAT won't tell you much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustu View Post
Another thing just occured. Now it screams and the loudnes of the screaming depends on how hard I press the gas pedal. Could it be exhaust manifold?
Any chance you'll try what's already been suggested?

Quality and not quantity counts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sig image is 500X100 at 11.7 kb
ron1004 is offline  
Reply

  Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Sorento Forum > 2003-2010 Sorento Forum



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On