LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 04:18 PM

Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Default Kia Stalling

my daughters kia about a year old stalls after she starts it and trys to drive off,not sure what model.the dealer told her they fill the car up and some filters saturated and is the problem.they tell her its their fault for filling up the car.also told her she has to pay 400 dollars to have it corrected.have any of you heard of such a odd story aka bs.
thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Veteran

Drives: 1990 VW Corrado SC 1.8L, 2005 Kia Spectra EX
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawnstar View Post
my daughters kia about a year old stalls after she starts it and trys to drive off,not sure what model.the dealer told her they fill the car up and some filters saturated and is the problem.they tell her its their fault for filling up the car.also told her she has to pay 400 dollars to have it corrected.have any of you heard of such a odd story aka bs.
thanks in advance
Gonna need some info (year/model/engine/mileage), the dealer could be talking about the charcoal canisters. As for stating its her fault for filling up the car, I think the dealer needs to come up with something to prove driver negligence. Depending on the model, some fuel tanks have problems with defective ORVR valves. I've repaired, within the same week, 2 Spectras that had that exact problem. I'm still undecided if it was the drivers overfilling the fuel tank or the defective valves tho. Either way, need more info.

http://images.animelab.com/gallery/Akira/Images/akira022.jpg
Mike AKA Paco
For US Kia service info Kiatechinfo
#3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)

I think thats exactly what kind of filter she mentioned, Ill ask the car type when I see her.Yeah so how does this cannister thing work and what is the other valve that is involved.How could a owner be responsible for filling up their car,If its an issue there should be a warning on the gas door cover .Can you tell me more.
Thanks in advance Robert
Ok update 1996 Kia Spectra.17k miles.
Regards

Last edited by hawnstar; 03-19-2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: additional information

Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Cerato, Shuma & Spectra Forum > Shuma & Spectra (1997-2003)