Kia Forum banner

drowning spark plugs shuma 2000

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  lamine.ghribi 
#1 ·
the motor had become so strange, it starts but once i start to acelerate, the engin is smothered and stoped. after checking and rechecking the pump, injectors, exhaust system, replace spark plugs, software module, and fuse box. The engin don't start anymore and after each trial, the sparks plugs get drowned ?? is there any body who can help?

#2 ·
Have the engine codes read first. This will give you a clue on what is going wrong.
By this I mean get the OBDII codes read....even if there is no check engine light on.

Check and/or replace the coil packs (spark plug coils) and/or spark plug wires... If the spark (high voltage arc) is weak you would get incomplete or no ignition (burn) of the compressed gas/petrol. Check the low voltage wiring going to the primary connections on the coils. The connectors go bad.

Have the compression of all four cylinders checked. A worn engine will not have enough compression to properly fire the gas/petrol and if it is too low the engine won't run at all...

The plugs are wet with gas because the fuel is not being burned (exploded).

I hope this all translates properly into your native language.
Dave

#3 ·
Thanks Dave, My OBDII is out of use, i have exactly 16 nacked wires that i am unable to assemble to a plug.
The check engin light is off.
I checked also the wiring and the spark plugs coils and replaced all of them with new ones.
all this brought me to check the injection and when i remove the stick i see fuel coming out from injectors normally.
I think fuel pressure is not controlled and coming more than needed.

P.S. may i know where i can find the wiring diagram of my car?

#5 ·
Hello Dave, best wishes for 2015. i found out the start problem and it was due to damaged injectors. Since the car was out of use for more then a year, i found out some other issues; 1- Is there a way to adjust the courant because whenever i press the clutch the engin stops immediately!.?
2- I can't find the fuse-box information in French language especially for the abreviations, so can you give me hand to explain the below:
- TNS
- BTN
- TAIL RH
- TAIL LH
- CONDENSER FAN
- EGI MAIN
- DEFROSTER
- INJ
- IG COIL
- IGN2
- IGN1
- P/W RH
- P/W LH
- HEAD
- ACC

KIND REGARDS

LAMINE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.