Kia Forum banner

keyfob very frustrating

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Seanzky 
#1 ·
Hi to all,
I purchased a 2016 Sedona EX a year ago...I love this van and will be keeping it for a long time however I get very frustrated with the the way the so called "smart key" system operates... I have issues with the keyfob ...it is so sensitive to the touch that I cannot carry it in my pocket (with or without being attached to the key ring with my other keys) without discovering that the rear gate and or the sliding doors are wide open.
Tonite it's raining and yes, I went to get in the van, one side door is wide open...the leather seats is soaked...when I tried to close it...nothing...it acts as though the battery is totally dead...as I manage to manually close the door the system comes to life and will operate as it should.
Does anyone here have the same experiences?
Can anyone suggest a solution?
HELP...and thanks for listening

#6 ·
Thanks to all responding to my posting...I did not have any luck locating the fobs mentioned as being available on ebay or amazon...I did order an leather pouch for a Zippo lighter that has belt loop.
The strap was a 1/2" short so I soaked the pouch in rubbing alcohol and stretched it successfully...perfect fit and solved my problem...I will try attaching a pic...thanks again.

Attachments

#8 ·
So these silicon protective covers for our key fobs seem to offer some resistance to the buttons, from my brief testing. I never had the problem the OP had, but I bought these anyway as I always do for all the cars I've owned. Just something to consider for those of you who are looking to protect your key fobs from drops or accidental presses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.