Kia Forum banner

Cruise control woes

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  rcsr39 
#1 ·
Is anyone else bothered by the slightly poor design of the cruise control on our Sedonas? What I mean, is by trying to accelerate or decelerate using the steering switch requires holding until you get to the desired speed. My other vehicles, past and present, would change by 1 mph for every press or "click" of the switch. How is something like this not on a modern $30k+ vehicle? Or is mine defective?

#2 ·
My 2015 SXL works like you describe it should. Click the switch up to increase speed by 1 mph and click it down to decrease by 1mph. I wonder if the cruise controls on the SX are different?

#4 ·
Is anyone else bothered by the slightly poor design of the cruise control on our Sedonas? What I mean, is by trying to accelerate or decelerate using the steering switch requires holding until you get to the desired speed. My other vehicles, past and present, would change by 1 mph for every press or "click" of the switch. How is something like this not on a modern $30k+ vehicle? Or is mine defective?
It must be defective - take it in for a warranty repair.

There's no way they'd deviate from the world wide basic standard control philosophy, ...... they might add functionality, but keep the basics the same.

#6 ·
Mine also works the same as others have said. Also, FYI if you hold the switch up or down for a second or so it will go to the next 5 mph increment; i.e. if it is set at, say, 62 and you hold the switch up it will go up one mph and then up to 65 mph. It will continue to increase by 5 mph increments until you release the switch.

#7 ·
I'm keen to hear others experience, but can confirm that mine does not work like that.

If the Inrc or Decr button is held, the car accelerates or decelerates smoothly for as long as the button is held, and when released the CC set-point is the speed at the time the button was released.

#9 ·
The description that I gave earlier is for the "Smart Cruise Control System". It does not work like I described (+ or - 5 mph if held up or down) for the regular Cruise Control System. Sorry for the confusion. Also, my vehicle will automatically slow down if you get too close to the vehicle in front of you. I don't think that is available for the regular cruise control or not, but I don't think so. That is the most convenient feature of the smart cc system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.