Kia Forum banner

Roof Rack Cross Bars

82K views 74 replies 28 participants last post by  emoji 
#1 ·
Anyone have lucking finding Roof Rack Cross Bars for the 2015 Sedona? The KIA ones do not look too bad, but I like to have options (pun intended).

Thanks

#2 ·
I second your opinion. It seems it's hard to find a crossbars for low profile roof rails. I'm trying to find some online but not that lucky and still searching. I'm eyeing Thule, Rhino, Yakima which can adopt low profile with crossbars that at least flush a bit not like the OEM looks that way too high.

#3 · (Edited)
From pictures the roof rails look very similar to the Sportage, so I searched off of that. The Yakima's look like the would fit the best but for my light use I am looking for a cheaper solution.

I just ordered these RB-1001-49 for $85 on ebay. Here is the amazon link and video on youtube

Fingers crossed, will update when they arrive.

#11 · (Edited)
Thule AeroBlade Bars - 53"(not a confirmed measurement) - a Pair could cost 179.95 and it needs a Thule AeroBlade Rapid Podium foot pack it roughly cost 199.95 So, you need to buy two (2) sets of Thule the AeroBlade Bars and Rapid Podium foot pack and/or the last one is the attachment kit (i don't know what no/if kit is not included in the Rapid Podium foot pack) This kit is attached at the base of the podium. Local Thule dealers could confirm the exact kit, fitment and measurement.

Thule AeroBlade Bars - 53" - Pair - REI.com

I hope this will help; Hope to see some photos of installed crossbars. :)

#12 · (Edited)
Update of the Thule Crossbars - Thule AeroBlade Edge 7603B or Thule AeroBlade Edge 7602B the Podium kit will be KIT4009 - Or Thule AeroBlade ARB47 and Thule Rapid Podium Foot Pack 460R, with Podium kit KIT4009. Same as 2015 Kia Sportage/Sorento with flush roof rails. (Note:You have to know the crossbars length/width varies from Sportage/Sorento to Sedona.)

#13 ·
I just bought the official Kia Cross Bars for our 2015 Sedona from a seller on ebay called premierkiact. Looks like they are probably a Kia dealer. This is the only place I've seen them for sale so far, but maybe other Kia dealers will be able to get them now too. I know I called several times previously and was told by our dealer they weren't available. They look pretty nice and don't look too hard to install, I probably won't put them on until our trip this summer though.

#14 ·
That's good Brandon, I saw couple of sellers from EBay too. Although they use a stock photos and doesn't looks like appealing. Anyhow, I do agree thing will go different if you actually see the items in real! An installation photos would help us decide to get one too.. Thanks in advance! Happy Driving!:)

#15 ·
Maybe I'll try to put them on in the next few days to snap a picture. Not sure I want to leave them on all the time or not, we would only need them once or twice a year for family vacations when we have the Cargo container on top. That's one thing I liked about the Town and Country we had right before getting the Sienna, the cross bars folder right into the rails when not being used.

#20 ·
Thanks its in desperate need of a wash and vacuum. It has a spotted yellow film all over it now from the pollen and rain. We didn't need the crossbars until June for our vacation to Disney but I snatched them up as soon as I saw them just in case they were going to be in short supply. There's no way we'll be able to fit all our our family's stuff without it and I was actually getting a little worried about what we would do if they weren't available in time.

#21 ·
I didn't see it mentioned in this thread, but there are two part numbers for the cross bars:

A9021 ADU00 (All models except SXL)
A9121 ADU00 (SXL)

I have an SXL and received the wrong cross bars from the dealer. I'm waiting on the correct ones to arrive, but I assume the installation process is the same for both part numbers. The installation instructions for the non-SXL bars did not suggest any different process. I wonder if the SXL bars sit higher to allow the sunroof to clear when it's open.

#22 ·
On the installation manual for my crossbars the only difference it mentioned was that the non-sunroof models (what I have) have a tiny ridge along the bottom of the crossbar near the front. I think this somehow is supposed to cut down on wind noise? On mine that sticks out from the bottom about an 8th of an inch. I guess if the sunroof comes that close to the bottom of the crossbars it could be a problem.

#25 ·
No, this isn't the limousine, this is the Outdoor. I got a pdf on this model. The roof box simply clips into the existing roof bars with a weird plastic twist lock - no cross bars required. It has a moulding in the box to fit the shark fin antenna too.

Front view:

#27 ·
Well it's included equipment for the outdoor model so I'm sure there is a part number somewhere, but I don't work for Kia, and I don't live in Korea, so I'll be looking at some of the Korean spares websites... Or eBay... But my guess will be nothing available for 12 months

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.