Kia Forum banner

Just got the 2015 Sedona EX

7K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  mikeyfrog 
#1 · (Edited)
Loving it so far. Any other owners yet? Anyone have questions?

Edit - pics in link in 4th post.

#6 ·
We love it. The amount of room in it is excellent, I'm 6'6 and can sit comfortably up front, in the middle (with front seat all the way back, i can fit my knee between seat and door - rare), or in back (which i was SHOCKED i could sit in). The third row has way more seat pitch than I expected. The middle seat in the second row is wider than the toyota's (basically useless) and folds down to an armrest/cupholder console for the main seats and is removable as well.

The build quality is excellent - padded dash, leather is really nice (not napa leather), lots of USB ports and cupholders, lots of places to hide stuff. Seats are easy to fold down in 3rd row, fold forward in second row. the no handed opening of the back is really nice, you stand behind the car for 3 seconds and it beeps and opens. UVO works well, i'd compare it sync which we had on a previous car.

The outside styling was a big point for us too. The back definitely looks like a minivan, but the front is a bit more aggressive and less.. pointed - if that makes sense. Folding power mirrors are a plus too. They fold when you lock the doors and unfold when you get close to your car with the smart key. Not having to take your keys out of your pocket is nice for the button on the door to unlock the car.

The ride is very smooth. We have an F150 fx4 that was the main vehicle and coming from that to the Sedona on our bumpy country road is a huge difference. Engine has nice pep, not going to win any races with sports cars off the line like their commercial has you believe, but it has some go.

As for why we bought it over others, we looked at the toyota and honda but neither was a huge wow. The Sedona has the center console and is more configured like a SUV/crossover than the others (hate the shifter on the dash setup, for example). We researched the dodge as well but found it to look cheap and kind of crappy, plus the stowing seats I read were very uncomfortable. It was by far our favorite in styling and configuration, but when you combine the features included in the price points, it blows away the others in value. We looked at a similar configuration in the Sienna and the pricing was about 5k higher. We were going to get the LX for the cheaper option (like the stain resistant fabric with kids) but Texas has only received EX models thus far. We were going to wait, but the dealership was willing to get down to the price point where we wanted and it was a done deal.

Anything specifically that you want to know about or see a picture of, let me know!

#9 · (Edited)
mikeyfrog - I sat in one for the first time yesterday and like you I was surprised with the comfort of the third row - wasn't bad at all, was expecting much worse.
The flip-and-fold seats are easy to move and if you get them all the way forward you have to move the front seat forward a bit too. With the second forward you could sit in the third row and have your feet fully stretched out - very nice.

I liked the front cab area as it simply does not feel in anyway like your in a minivan till you look in the mirror or turn around. Seemed more like the Cadenza in some respects and the storage under the armrest is extremely deep and very flexible with the sliding tray which you can also remove.

I also tried the side door slider on one without the power operation (Canadian LX model) and it was so easy and required very little effort, couldn't believe a door that big would slide that easy.

The stow and hide second row seats on some of the Chrysler products sound like a good idea but the comfort leaves a lot to be desired. You simply cannot make a comfortable seat when you have to fold and hide it in the floor in a set box area - they are probably more like the third row seats in the Sedona.

#11 ·
Hey... I posted another entry about removing the 2nd row seats in an SXL (the reclining seats). We ordered an SXL but apparently those seats are not removable (won't get the van for at least a couple more weeks). Just wondering - is there anything in your owners manual about removing the 2nd row seats (either yours - or the reclining ones?) One option we're looking at is maybe temporarily replacing the reclining seats with a standard 2nd row seat if we need it removable. Thanks in advance for any info.

#15 ·
I'll take a look, I would imagine its DOABLE but not easily. I mean, they had to put them in somehow, right? I think the bigger seats in the sxl may have different tracks on the floor, so you might want to look into that before you swap out the seats temporarily. BTW, the standard seats do recline, just no footrest and less width.

#13 ·
KIA must give credit to the first owners of this MPV because they will serve as advertisers. Obviously is not that popular in compare to the country where it came from and I took year for US market to visualized and realized it's value. Then hopefully it will sell well.

I remember driving Sorento 4 years ago alone in City. I saw Sorento once or twice a week and even the same car in a month until 2012,13,14 and 15 models came in. Now, I can see them all around. I can say, this MPV will hit after a while but not today or tomorrow for sure later when I got one to turn the heads of the folks. :)

#14 ·
@ mikeyfrog or anybody have an idea what is the bolt pattern of the 2015 Sedona? I can say it's having 5 bolt holes but not sure if 114.3 or 120mm and it's offset and hub bore. I couldn't find any reference as of now.. still looking for it.

@ mikeyfrog, you might need to look a set of tires and rims for winter is coming. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.