#1 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 11:08 PM

Drives: 2012 Kia Sedona LX
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Default 2012 Sedona Air Cleaner Element

OK, I really feel silly asking this question. I've searched in the forum and can't find the answer. If I need to perform maintenance on a car for the first time, I've always checked the shop manual or the owners manual if it's not immediately clear what I need to do. Oh, for the days of yore when changing an air filter simply meant loosening the wing nut, taking the lid off the breather, swapping out the filter, then reassembly.

I have 30,000 on my 1-year old 2012 Sedona. Schedule says change "air filter element." I looked at a picture of an "element" on O'Reily's web site...doesn't look like what I'm accustomed to. I raise the hood, and don't see where this "element" belongs. I logged into the "kiatechinfo" site, did a search for "element" in the shop manual, and it's not there.

Pray, tell me, what am I missing? Where does this go? And exactly what is an "element" as opposed to a "filter"??

I'm not a newbie...been doing my own maintenance since my teens, and I'm 57 now, but this is a new car for me, and man, how times have changed!! I also had neck surgery on March 8, 2013 (discectomy and fusion) and am uncomfortable (read "in pain") when bending my head down for any length of time, so I'd rather someone just tell me so I don't spend too much time searching. :-) Not lazy or stupid, just inexperienced with Kia in general and a little bit in pain.

Thanks for any help out there...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 11:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage

Engine air filter "element". It just unsnaps with two clips and then pull it to the side and pull your filter out. Thats it.
#3 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 08:59 AM
Veteran

Drives: 06 Sedona EX, 06 Sedona LX, 07 Optima EX 2.4L, 13 Optima Hybrid LX, 09 Amanti Premium, 14 Forte EX
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

It's the intake air cleaner. It's in a rectangular box behind the battery, to the right of the engine, to the left of the fuse block. Pop the two clips downward and lift up - easy as that.

My Garage: 06 Sedona EX 3.8L, Loaded, 230k miles---06 Sedona LX 3.8L, Convenience Pkg, 252k miles---07 Optima EX 2.4L, Loaded, 93k miles---13 Optima Hybrid LX Convenience Pkg, 11k miles---09 Amanti 3.8L, Loaded, 71k miles---14 Forte EX 2.0L, Prem+Tech Pkgs, 51k miles
#4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiatec_78626 View Post
Engine air filter "element". It just unsnaps with two clips and then pull it to the side and pull your filter out. Thats it.
Thanks. I was hoping it'd be that easy.
#5 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsKia View Post
It's the intake air cleaner. It's in a rectangular box behind the battery, to the right of the engine, to the left of the fuse block. Pop the two clips downward and lift up - easy as that.
Thanks. I was hoping it'd be that easy.

Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Carnival & Sedona Forum > Kia Carnival & Sedona 2006+