LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 08:51 PM

Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Default Sliding door sensor

I have a 2008 sedona,the passenger sliding door will not close by power, I was told it was a sensor but can not find anything on this. We found out that the locks were under recall had those repaired and two weeks later this happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 05:45 AM
Veteran

Drives: 06 Sedona EX, 06 Sedona LX, 07 Optima EX 2.4L, 13 Optima Hybrid LX, 09 Amanti Premium, 14 Forte EX
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

Who told you it was a sensor? What symptoms is it having...does it try to operate or does it just do nothing?
#3 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 07:07 PM

Default Sliding Door Sensor

We brought it to the dealership because the door would just open by itself going down the road. I found out that there was a recall on this (it was only the drivers side door that was acting up). The dealership told my wife that they would do both doors (replace the latch es that were on recall. About two to three weeks went by and we discovered that the passenger door would not close with any button. We took it back to the dealership and they told us that is was the pinch sensor that is preventing the door from closing electrically. We can open it electricaaly but not close it that way. We can close it manually. The dealership told my wife this would cost around $400 installed. I called and asked why it was not warrentied as the vehicle had about 70,000 miles and it appears as though they broke is when they replaced the latching mechanism. That's all I can tell you. HELP!!!
#4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Veteran

Drives: 06 Sedona EX, 06 Sedona LX, 07 Optima EX 2.4L, 13 Optima Hybrid LX, 09 Amanti Premium, 14 Forte EX
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

One way or another, they must have broken it when installing the new latches. You would think checking for proper operation of the door would be something they would check before letting it leave....I would insist that the dealer fix it for you. It sounds to me like it's nothing YOU did. Speak with the service manager, general manager, whatever. Threatening a lawyer never hurts if you feel like you aren't getting anywhere....
#5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Veteran

Drives: 10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

The pinch strip isn't touched when replacing the latches, and you even said that it took three weeks to act up.

Also, the latch "recall" you mentioned isn't actually a safety recall, its a service action. Service actions are not covered outside of basic warranty, so it looks like you already got a freebie from the dealer.
#6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 11:16 AM

Drives: Kia Picanto 1.1LX, Hyundai Entourage SE, Nissan 240SX
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Coincidentally perhaps, our Entourage didn't have any sliding door issues at all, until after the dealer performed the recall...
#7 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 12:20 PM

Thank you all for your replys, I did go to the service, plant and then the new england represetative and they said that it was not there fault. It's odd that for five years it works and then when they "fix" it, the door stops. This is the one that was not having issues. And for the three week delay, we typically do not use the road side door for anything unless we are in an area where no one will have the chance of getting hit (three week delay). I am searching for the part to put it in myself. The recall was in fact a safety issue maybe not in Kia of Korea's eyes but when your 11 year old daughter is sitting in that seat and the door can open a 60 miles an hour I would call that a safety issue... Thanks for the replies. Gary
#8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 07:50 PM

What is the pinch strip and how do I replace it.

Thanks,
Gary

Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Carnival & Sedona Forum > Kia Carnival & Sedona 2006+