#1 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 01:26 AM

Drives: 2007 Kia Sedona EX/2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Default Power Sliding Door No longer works

Hello I have an 07 Sedona EX with rear power sliding doors. Recently the read drivers side door no longer functions.. It has to manually opened and closed. The rear passenger still works as it should.

When I press the button on the remote or the overhead console nothing it does not respond.. When I press the button to close it via the rear passenger door I sometime will get a beeping sound.

I have checked the fuses in the rear cargo and it looks good.. I even swapped the right and the left to make sure that the fuses are good, and the were.

Anybody have any ideas or is this a trip out to the dealer to fix? or is it something I can fix.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 07:58 AM

Drives: 2007 Kia Magentis LX

There is a switch at the fuel filler door that prevents the left slider from opening if the filler door is open. The switch is somewhat exposed to outside elements and may not be functioning properly (happened to a 2006 Sedona owned by a friend). Might be worth your while to check that out first.
#3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Veteran

Drives: 10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

There could be many things causing this problem. It would probably best to have the dealer diagnosis it before you start changing parts. At least they could tell you what is wrong, and then you can decide if you want them to fix it or try it yourself.
#4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 09:22 AM

We've had problem after problem with the power doors on our '06 Sedona. Now it's doing it again...The dealer has replaced modules, latches, switches and motors. We still have intermittent door problems.

At 93K, the factory won't cover it, though the problem has existed since about 2K. We bought the AutoGuard extended warranty (at dealer suggestion) and since 60K we have to pay a $100 ded. for each return visit. That coverage runs out at 100K.
#5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 07:19 PM

Drives: 2007 Kia Sedona EX/2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)

Got it back from the shop.. It was the door actuator..
#6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2013, 07:37 PM

I have a similar problem, on my 2007 Sedona EX that i have been diagnosing for the last 6 months. Everything works fine until i open and close the fuel door. Upon closing the fuel door i am able to only manually open and close the sliding door. When i attempt to automatically open/close the sliding door i get the 1 chime (beep). If i cycle the fuel door (open and close it) the automatic cycle will eventually start working fine again. The actuator seems to be working fine and i can manually unlatch without an issue.

So basically, i am trying to figure out where this fuel lid/door sensor or switch is that tells the door that the fuel door is open. If i can locate this switch i can troubleshoot it further. I searched for the schematic, exploded views on parts websites and at hyundai tech info dot com under entourage and it is very vague as to the location of it....I just can't figure out where this is located. Can anyone help me pinpoint where this is?

Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Carnival & Sedona Forum > Kia Carnival & Sedona 2006+