LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 09:45 AM

Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default 2006 Sedona error P0174 P0171 and some other P2*** all are too lean

OK...I've done a bunch of searching on these error codes....Looks like common wisdom is that it is a dirty MAF sensor....how do I access this thing? Can someone give me a step by step on how to clean this out?

For the record, van is running fine....so I don't know really what is wrong...light has been on for months....but I need to get this resolved.

Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 08:32 PM

Wow, what a wierd coincidence. I haven't visited this site for a couple of years, just happened to click on the link and read this first post. I just got done resolving the EXACT same problem on my 06 a couple days ago.

According to the KIA shop manual, your problem could be an air leak, low fuel pressure, or one of many sensors could be faulty (i.e. O2, MAF, TPS, etc). Start with the simple things first. Mine turned out to be an air leak, as I found a crack in on of the folds in the intake hose. This is the rubber hose between the air filter box and the throttle body. The crack was in the flexible rubber part downstream of the MAF sensor. Dealer wants $50 for a new one, but they have to order it. Until I get around to placing the order, I just bought a roll of black Duct Tape and taped up the intake hose. I reset the CEL, and it has not returned. Maybe I don't need the replacement part after all!
#3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Veteran

Drives: 10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Have seen many of the intake tubes cracked and leaking. If this is your problem, you will need the tube and the larger surge tank to go with it. The hole in the tube changes sizes and original tank will not fit.
#4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Veteran

Drives: 2004 Optima 2.4 EX, 2005 Yamaha R1 (street) 2001 GSXR 1000 (track)

Check out the site listed in my signature line below. You'll find all your service info there (along with a TSB for a faulty O2 sensor causing the exact codes you mentioned, usually B1S1). I've seen that a few times now. May not be the fix for your situation, but worth it to check out anyway.

NEW MEMBERS- Please fill in your profile info in the "user CP" link (year, make, model, location, etc..), it makes it easier for us to help you.
Go to www.kiatechinfo.com and register for free for service information.

Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Carnival & Sedona Forum > Kia Carnival & Sedona 2006+