Kia Forum banner

need tires for my 2010 base sedona

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Jeff.G 
#1 ·
Not sure what kind of tires to purchase - looking for a good all season tire good in snow and ice during winter.

#3 ·
I had Mastercraft Touring LSR tires on mine previously and they did great in everything including snow and ice. I paid $550 out the door for 4 tires at a local shop, they lasted about 35,000 miles which isn't too bad for a 4500 pound minivan that did mostly city driving.

CooperMastercraft - Avenger Touring LSR (T Rated)

I am replacing them with General Altimax RT43 tires because I got a great deal on them from discounttiredirect.com, $375 shipped. Time will tell if they are any good...

AltiMAX? RT?³ | General Tire

#6 ·
A little late to the discussion here. But I've noticed that minivans (not just the Sedona) overwhelm a lot of (especially cheaper) car-based tires, simply because of the sheer weight of the vans. They may even be rated with the proper weight number, and still you will be lucky to get half the rated miles out of them. So usually I will recommend that one find some smooth-riding all-season (NOT all-terrain) truck tires. Often, they will be your best choice.

Fortunately, the base size for your Sedona (225-70R16) is a pedigree truck-tire size, so you have some good choices. Two good recommendations I have (from experience) are the Firestone Destination LE2 and the relatively new Cooper Discoverer SRX. Both can be had for competitive prices, and will give you everything you would hope for in a set of tires, including mileage even beyond the rating.

#8 · (Edited)
There are winter/ all year round tyres made from a relatively new compound that last longer than old rubber and sheds ice and snow better but still has dry road grip. In some areas tyre manufacturers and sellers have to give international standards for surface grips, noise and braking.
EU ratings explained here not all suppliers make information obviously available.
http://www.blackcircles.com/general/tyre-labelling/tyre-label

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.