Kia Forum banner

2009 Kia Sedona LX Remote (FOB) Broken

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  2010pcguy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I have a 2009 Kia Sedona LX Convenience Package - for the Canadian market.

Both of my remotes seemed to have stopped working, and the only way I can unlock my Van is the old fashioned way - the key into the driver's door. I have replaced the batteries twice. The remotes only have 3 buttons - lock, unlock and panic.

I took my Van and both sets of keys & remotes to the local dealership who informed me that they can't re-program them and need to be replaced. They quoted me CDN $117.00 per remote plus programming for a total cost of over $300.

I have seen used ones advertised on EBay quite cheap, and I am tempted to buy two of those and take them in to program, the only issue is that I need to have the right part number (the stickers on the back have since worn off). The only info I have is on the circuit board - VQ_TX_315_3KEY.

Thanks for your help.

#3 ·
I called another dealer and got the part number I needed 954304D032. The also quoted me over $317.00 CDN for two remotes programmed. I told them no offense, but I would like to try to get these on ebay, and I will go back to program them.

I had ordered 2 remotes online, and had them delivered to Canada for $50 CDN (ebay shipping to Canada is expensive). I took the 2 remotes to the first dealership to get re-programmed, and they cautioned me that if it worked or not, they would still have to charge the $53.00 programming fee.

They did in fact work. I now have 2 functional remotes again, and I saved $200 CDN from the original quote. In fact, the clerk was impressed and asked me what my secret was?>:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.