New Carens Owner from the Philippines
I recently bought a diesel automatic careens in Southern Luzon, Philippines
First, the good things.
1. air-con is very good.
2. the interior is spacious.
3. plenty of gadgets
4. lighting panel is impressive.
Now the bad things.
1. As cautioned by previous reviews, the after sales service of KIA is lousy.
After a month of using the Carens on smooth roads and about 20 kms. a day, I saw three (3) wires protruding from the left front Hankook Optimo tire that came with the car. They wouldn’t replace it. They’ll tell you they’d refer it to blah-blah but after a month of this and that, nothing.
2. the suspension is too low that when you go down from an embarkment, you’ll hear a loud thump from the underchassis. It will guarantee to break your heart every time you hear it.
3. when you go up a hilly road, there is so much noise and the car is huffing and puffing. In Tagalog, hirap ang makina.(the engine is having a hard time going uphill).
4. first gear is so noisy.
5. there is side-to-side wiggling at low speeds.
6. paint is bad. There are small, white round splotches on the paint and they will not buff it for free.
7. paint easily gets scratch off no matter how well you take care of it.
8. interior gets scratch too easily compared to my Toyota. Because of the cheap plastic.
9. going back to the suspension being too low, you’ll hear a thump when you park front first in malls with barriers at the parking lot. Again, your heart …
10. pang-babae ang Carens.(a car for women) Test drive it and you’ll know what I mean.
11. there is considerable noise even when windows are closed. Try test-driving it in SLEX (Expressway), you’ll hear the sound from the barriers. Ask your children to count it by the sound they’ll hear.
12. marami pa (thre’s plenty more) but my heart bleeds for an almost one million investment.