Originally Posted by Squidward
1. From 1 to 10 (being best), how would you rate your experience with KIA --the company-- thus far?
2. Also, from 1 to 10, how would you rate your experiences with service?
3. What car do you own and how long have you owned your car?
4. What services and/or problems have you gone in for?
5. How likely would you recommend KIA to a friend or family member
1. Most owners dont have much involvment with the company, only its products. Therefore an evaluation here, is N/A
2. I give a 5 to service, I have used 2 dealers for my Kias, 1 of which was totally rude, always had an issue giving replacement under warranty, always had a excuse. The other, that I now currently use is great, give them specific a 8. (would have had a 10 if it wasnt for the lady at front counter with the "I hate mu job" attitude. The techs are great though.
3. I have owned 4 Kias, have been a Kia owner since 1998 models include
1999 Kia sephia- very low quality car, cheap transportation though, had many issues over the years.
2000 Kia Spectra gs- Basically the same car as the sephia, just different sheet metal. Had lots of issues, timing belts especially, door locks freeze whenever cold, rust issues, ect.
2007 Kia spectra- Kia quality from my other owned have greatly improved. Cars did not seem so cheap, nice interior, not so low of quality, much more reliable with a lot less problems.
2008 Kia Spotage current car- Good quality, has been super reliable. No issues as of yet, 80k+ miles. Though the timing belts on these are cheap at best, a lot of ppl have issues with them, and it is a big issue. Search about it.
4. Problems- Well a lot of Kia cars need timing belt replacements every 60K miles. NOT EVERY MODEL, so do your homework on the car that you want. Its a huge service at 60K miles, costing upwards of $1000 a pop. If the belts break on these specific models it will cost you a new motor. Something to think about. Over all though these are very reliable cars, Kia has really done a good job from going, economy box on wheels to a good reliable car, at a fair price.
4. As far as recommending, they are a good car, reliable, and don't cost and arm and leg.