please help how can i fix my p0741 code - Kia Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 06:38 PM

Drives: 2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
Gallery: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Send a message via Yahoo to tt2jzgtes Send a message via Skype™ to tt2jzgtes
Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Default please help how can i fix my p0741 code

im having problem with my car code read p0700 and p0741 torque converter stuck on off position or something. how to do i fix this problem and it effected my gas mileage from 30 mpg to 19mpg please help. diagram would help pic of the location of the torque converter solenoid. i have an 05 kia spectra5

thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Veteran

Drives: 1990 VW Corrado SC 1.8L, 2005 Kia Spectra EX
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt2jzgtes View Post
im having problem with my car code read p0700 and p0741 torque converter stuck on off position or something. how to do i fix this problem and it effected my gas mileage from 30 mpg to 19mpg please help. diagram would help pic of the location of the torque converter solenoid. i have an 05 kia spectra5

thanks in advance
P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Stuck Off

General Description

The PCM/TCM controls the locking and unlocking of the Torque Converter Clutch ( or Damper Clutch ), to the input shaft of the transmission, by appling hydraulic pressure. The main purpose of T/C clutch control is to save fuel by decreasing the hydraulic load inside the T/C. The PCM/TCM outputs duty pulses to control the Damper Clutch Control Solenoid Valve( DCCSV ) and hydraulic pressure is applied to the DC according to the DCC duty ratio value. When the duty ratio is high, high pressure is applied and the Damper Clutch is locked. The normal operating range of the Damper Clutch Control duty ratio value is from 30%(unlocked) to 85%(locked).

This is why your fuel mileage has gone down. According to the DTC flowcharts, you could either have a bad TCC solenoid valve, torque converter clutch or body control valve. Unless you know your way around rebuilding transmissions, take it to a reputable transmission shop or dealer.

http://images.animelab.com/gallery/Akira/Images/akira022.jpg
Mike AKA Paco
For US Kia service info Kiatechinfo

Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Cerato, Shuma & Spectra Forum > Cerato (2003 - 2008) & Spectra5 (2004)