Jack and Jack stands - Kia Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 34
Drives: 2001 Sephia, 2006 Spectra
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Default Jack and Jack stands

Hi everyone,

This might be a dummy question,
where Can I place the jack and jack stands?

I know the owners manual says to place the jack next to the wheels, but I will like to place the jack stands on those places. I don't know where else to place the jack.
jkia is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
 
cobra259's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Waterford MI
Posts: 3,233
Drives: 1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkia View Post
Hi everyone,

This might be a dummy question,
where Can I place the jack and jack stands?

I know the owners manual says to place the jack next to the wheels, but I will like to place the jack stands on those places. I don't know where else to place the jack.
The best thing you can do is ask a friend with car exp to come over and show oyu where to place the jack and stands. To much can go wrong if they are NOT in the right place! You do NOT want to get hurt!!
Hope this helps!
cobra259 is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 34
Drives: 2001 Sephia, 2006 Spectra
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra259 View Post
The best thing you can do is ask a friend with car exp to come over and show oyu where to place the jack and stands. To much can go wrong if they are NOT in the right place! You do NOT want to get hurt!!
Hope this helps!
I was told I can jack the car at the oil pan and then put the jack stand by the wheels, where the manual indicate.
Do You think I can jack it at the oil pan?
jkia is offline  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 01:41 AM
Veteran
 
KIAZILLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Shelton, WA
Posts: 1,499
Drives: 06 KIA Spec5, 96 HD Roadking
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkia View Post
I was told I can jack the car at the oil pan and then put the jack stand by the wheels, where the manual indicate.
Do You think I can jack it at the oil pan?
Bad idea on the oil pan. The way I put my car on stands is to jack up the edge of the car about a foot behind the front wheelwell opening. The edge being like where you would use the jack that comes with your spare tire. The frame is so stiff on our cars that this will lift both wheels off the ground. You can then put a stand on the front and back. Then go do the other side the same way. I have to use this method because my car is to low to get a jack under the front. Also there is not a really good place under the front of the car to use.
KIAZILLA is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator
 
cobra259's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Waterford MI
Posts: 3,233
Drives: 1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkia View Post
I was told I can jack the car at the oil pan and then put the jack stand by the wheels, where the manual indicate.
Do You think I can jack it at the oil pan?
Who ever told you about the oil pan should NEVER give anyone advice about cars ever again!!!
You will crush the oil pan if you try to jack it up from there!!!! Call a friend who knows something about cars to help you...then you will know.
cobra259 is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 34
Drives: 2001 Sephia, 2006 Spectra
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra259 View Post
Who ever told you about the oil pan should NEVER give anyone advice about cars ever again!!!
You will crush the oil pan if you try to jack it up from there!!!! Call a friend who knows something about cars to help you...then you will know.
I thought the same about the oil pan.

Thanks for all the advices.
jkia is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Cerato, Shuma & Spectra Forum > Cerato (2003 - 2008) & Spectra5 (2004)

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kia Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On