Thought on 2012 Kia Sportage - Page 3 - Kia Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#21 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Veteran
 
conwelpic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: PEC, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,093
Drives: 2012 Soul 4u, 2.0L, auto, sunroof, UVO - Mint
Gallery: 38
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9utk View Post
ps: my vin is KNDPC3A62C7184072. would anyone like to translate? i get Korea, Plant 7 - Kwangju. can anything else be gleamed?
KND - MPV/SUV/RV for USA, Canada Mexico
P - Sportage
C - middle grade
3 - wagon 4x2 class-C
A - restraint system, brake system
6 - gasoline engine 2.0 (Theta II - T GDI)
2 - check digit
C - production year (2012)
7 - plant of production - Kwangju
184072 - vehicle production sequence number
conwelpic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#22 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 3
Drives: 2011 EX Sportage
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Default

hello folks, I am a newbie as well. I spent considerable time choosing prior to my purchase. I looked at the Mitsubishi Montero Sport and Hyundai Tucson. These other 2 UTEs are good in their own rights but considering their (other than drop dead gorgeous styling) price, quality and of interior materials and reviews - I opted for the Sportage. They also gave me a php200k trade-in for my 10-year Suzuki Vitara!

I had to get used to the bigger space and lesser obvious external visibility and have been redefining my driving experience since I got it 2 months ago. My family loves it too.
eXover is offline  
#23 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 07:13 AM
Expert
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The Greater Toronto Area
Posts: 897
Drives: 2011 Sportage SX
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXover View Post
hello folks, I am a newbie as well. I spent considerable time choosing prior to my purchase. I looked at the Mitsubishi Montero Sport and Hyundai Tucson. These other 2 UTEs are good in their own rights but considering their (other than drop dead gorgeous styling) price, quality and of interior materials and reviews - I opted for the Sportage. They also gave me a php200k trade-in for my 10-year Suzuki Vitara!

I had to get used to the bigger space and lesser obvious external visibility and have been redefining my driving experience since I got it 2 months ago. My family loves it too.
It's good to know that they have the Sportage in the Philippines! Hopefully I can check out some imported aftermarket parts when I arrive there in January. What engine choices are available?
bluntman is offline  
#24 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Falls Church, VA
Posts: 25
Drives: 2012 Kia Sportage SX
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Default

I did find one thing that I don't like on the sportage, I went to use my horn the other day and was surprised at the sound. You would think that with all the technology in the car they could come up with a horn that doesn't sound like a toy. Its not that big of a deal still love my car, just note to myself don't use the horn I wouldn't want someone to get in a accident because they where laughing so hard.
mkameo is offline  
#25 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 123
Drives: 04 M-B CLK500 Convertible and 11 Kia Sportage EX, leather and pano roof
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Default

mkameo - could you complete your profile so we can determine your geographic location? Also, you have a "Kia", not a "Kai" as shown in your profile...
kiagirl1256 is offline  
#26 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Expert
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The Greater Toronto Area
Posts: 897
Drives: 2011 Sportage SX
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkameo View Post
I did find one thing that I don't like on the sportage, I went to use my horn the other day and was surprised at the sound. You would think that with all the technology in the car they could come up with a horn that doesn't sound like a toy. Its not that big of a deal still love my car, just note to myself don't use the horn I wouldn't want someone to get in a accident because they where laughing so hard.
The horn was the first thing that I replaced on my SX.
bluntman is offline  
#27 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Falls Church, VA
Posts: 25
Drives: 2012 Kia Sportage SX
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thread Starter (Thread Starter)
Default

I'm going out to get mine today, looks pretty simple to change.
mkameo is offline  
#28 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Long Beach CA - Omsk RU
Posts: 163
Drives: 2012 Kia Sportage
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Default

Has anyone noticed that the windshield shape on the Sportage is similar to the trademark tiger nose grill?

2012 Sportage EX
2012 Forte Koup SX
The Sage is offline  
#29 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 3
Drives: 2011 EX Sportage
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntman View Post
It's good to know that they have the Sportage in the Philippines! Hopefully I can check out some imported aftermarket parts when I arrive there in January. What engine choices are available?
January would be a good time to visit bluntman, post holiday rush and the climate just right. When I purchased last August they have the EX 2.0 petrol offered in 4x2 and 4x4. Around September I saw that they revised their catalog and included the 2.4 petrol deluxe with sunroof, 18" wheels and all the added gizmos. I would think that it is still on limited qty.
eXover is offline  
Reply

  Kia Forum > KIA Models > Kia Sportage Forum > 3G 2011+ Sportage


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On