Kia Forum banner

pairing cell phone with new Forte 5-Door

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bobolink 
#1 ·
Just got my new Forte 5-Door - having trouble getting it's bluetooth to pair with my phone. Dealer said it has to be my phone - but the phone found the Forte - the Forte can't seem to find my phone.

Anyone experienced the same? If so, how to solve?

#2 ·
kaydee -

What brand cellphone are you attempting to pair to the Forte? I ask only because I had to RETURN my Samsung Intensity back to Verizon after beating my head against the wall for 2 days. I tried every trick in the book to get it to pair up, but it never reliably happened. I went back to Verizon, and exchanged my Samsung Intensity for an LG Cosmos. The LG Cosmos pairs EVERY TIME, no problems. There apparently is something lacking in the implementation of Samsung's Bluetooth protocols.

One hint for EVERYONE: I discovered our cellphones will pair up LIGHTNING-FAST if you FIRST turn on the audio system and select something from AUX (i.e., the USB port while listening to an MP3 file). The Forte Bluetooth circuitry is co-located in the same module behind your dash that the USB port is. For some reason, this causes the Bluetooth circuitry to pair to a selected cellphone as fast as possible.

Also, you can get the "Bluetooth Girl" to go more quickly through the menu selections if you hit the right steering wheel button while she is still speaking (telling you about the many choices you have). This cuts her off, and fowards the process to the "BEEP" that proceeds your spoken choice. I find I can call people MUCH faster if I don't wait and wait and wait for her to get done yakking.

I hope this helps you.

#3 ·
pairing cell phone with Forte 5-Door

Love the car - but the cell phone pairing is frustrating. I have a cheap little Cricket phone - don't know who actually manufactures it. Both the screen on the phone and the screen on my Forte say, "Pairing successful" but that's as far as it gets - when I say "connect" on my phone, it reads "connecting" and the Forte screen says, "Trying to connect to..." but nothing ever happens. It paired instantly with my LG Tracfone - but my Tracfone doesn't work in all areas.

Might have to go back to Cricket and upgrade.
Thanks for the advice

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.