I have been waiting for this to come and now it`s here :D
It`s from a company called witson
And has radio/dvd/mp3/navi/bluetooth/tv/and is plug and play

It`s $449.00 or aprox £284

Special for 2011 Kia Sportage - In-dash DVD Player w/ GPS Navigation System

7 inch digital touch screen (800*480)
All keys supply red and green LED
Built in Kia Sportage GPS system
Dual zone (music or radio workable when in GPS mode)
SD card slot in the front panel
USB at the side panel
Picture in Picture (PIP)
Build-in TV tuner
AM/FM Kia Sportage Radio tuner
RDS function
DVD/MP3/MP4/DIVX/MWA
Built in Bluetooth for hand free call ( the current mode will switch automatically to Bluetooth mode when call coming, the calling and music in mobile can be operated in devices after switch)
Backup Camera Port
iPod support
Accessories: Remote Control, Power Cable, USB connector, Tools, User Manual, GPS antenna, iPod connector(optional)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
No thanks. - Cheap Chinese junk is my first thoughts.

Take a look at the contact details:
RM1723, 17F, Jiejia Building
3037 Shennan Rd, Futian
518033 Shenzhen, CN
Tel.: 86 755 86228930
Fax: 86 755 83017679

Their spam posts are zapped daily on this forum :)

#5 · (Edited)
Sorry to disagree !
Had our new head unit for a couple of weeks now and have to say we are very impressed, fit and colour match to original dash is excellent and it`s all just plug and play, no need to cut any wires, even the factory USB and AUX work.

I pod works through touch screen head unit or steering wheel controls DVD is very clear, blue tooth is A1 and is also capable of streaming music, radio has RDS and TA, Navigation is full European and you can listen to music while navi is running and it brakes in and out with directions.
It`s all very factory looking and so easy to use

PS thanks to simplicity for the dash removing post it helped with fitting.

#13 · (Edited)
It was aprox £280 plus aprox £40 postage from china to uk

Hello

Please could you tell me of

1. Quality of display (especially brightness in sunny weather)
2. Quality of sound in comparison with oem head unit
3. Are there any mistakes in software
4. Compatibility with oem amplifier
1. Display is fully adjustable and auto dims when headlights come on and is fine in our car but we don`t have a sun roof so are car is fairly dark, but went on a run today and navigation was easy to see.

2. Sound quality is the same no better no worse.

3. Only mistake that I have found is the up and down function button on steering wheel control when you press up it go`s down a track or radio station or dvd track and press down and it does up, but in the steering wheel programming you can edit the values to control different functions so going to email seller and see if I can swap the settings round

4. We don`t have a factory amp you only get the amp in the uk cars when you order navi, but our unit has the outputs for amp and power amp supply if you wanted to add after market one

Congratulation, i want buy this object, but could you tell me if the steering wheel function is fully compatible? (Radio and phone control)
thanks
Steering wheel works on volume up and down and mute and you can scroll through DVD TV RADIO NAVI USB CD I POD PHONE from steering wheel, the up and down function works but as I say it needs changing round on the programming steering wheel function.
The phone buttons don`t work you have to press the buttons on the head unit, had a few call`s today and when phone rings it mute`s navi/music and the touch screen changes to phone page then you just touch the red reject or green accept icon`s on the screen, you can then adjust the volume from the steering wheel when caller hangs up it go`s back to navi and music or if you have made the call then just press the red end call button, but everyone I spoke too said it was very clear.

The only thing I will say it take`s a fair bit of setting up, getting all the volumes set and navigation to work in conjunction with all the other mode`s. Navigation alone has auto day and nidht settings map profiles 3d or 2d, map colours speed camera warnings on or off and speed warnings if you go over the limit. So you need to be patient and spend time programming it all up! but it`s well worth the effort when your done.

This is a different unit but has the same software

When i get a minute i`ll pop a video on you tube and link it to this post.

#15 ·
We have factory reverse camera in rear view mirror, but the unit has input for rear camera AV and trigger wire, all you need to do is tap into reverse wire feed.
I was going to wire this up on ours but don`t want to cut any factory wires so going to leave it as it is.

#18 ·
having imported my own line of mobile audio products from china...here is my take:

1. if you want the features and dont care much about overall sound quality, meaning you dont want to have to anchor a full stereo system with this source unit, then this isnt a bad choice.

2. i cant speak for this particular unit, but reliability and service can be an issue if something happens...maybe because the importer or rep isnt usually equipped to handle repairs and shipping it back to china for service is cost prohibitive...when i did mine, i usually just did replacement.

3. you MAY experience some odd user interface glitches and bugs, and it may result in annoyances and issues here and there...and you may find some odd features that indicates the unit is not meant for USDM.

4. this is a minor issue but i doubt the unit has been certified by the us gov for usage in the US...but this is only if you care about this :)

overall, it depends on what your goals are...i personally wouldnt get it for my own car but thats mostly because of hte system i plan to put in. and of course, where you are located, US or other countries.

to the original poster kiastorm: are you working closely with the manufacturer or through an exporter? assuming you are ordering pallets...just becareful, if you find that you are successful in this venture, soon enough you may find some other random established brand name pick up this line, slap their own badge on it, and then call it theres.

best of luck! :)

if you are interested in sending one for us to review at Car Audio and Electronics Magazine, let me know...totally depends on how confident you are of the product.

#21 ·
to the original poster kiastorm: are you working closely with the manufacturer or through an exporter? assuming you are ordering pallets...just becareful, if you find that you are successful in this venture, soon enough you may find some other random established brand name pick up this line, slap their own badge on it, and then call it theres.

best of luck! :)

if you are interested in sending one for us to review at Car Audio and Electronics Magazine, let me know...totally depends on how confident you are of the product.
We bought it for our own car direct from manufacturers, no plans to be an importer of this unit lol

Perhaps a stupid question, but I really would like to know - does installing an aftermarket player void your warranty? Perhaps it is dealer specific, but I remember that the audio system has a separate warranty period from the car itself so in theory you should not have a problem with regular service. Am I right?

Its all plug and play no wire cutting, so if it came too it we would just put original radio back in.

Looks cool, especially for the money. Quick questions, does it use the inboard mic above the driver seat? And also how do you find the quality of navigation? Is it full postcode in the uk? I've got a tom-tom which is great in the uk, but I've used a mate's cheapie halfords sat nav before and it always seemed to choose bizarre route choices eg high Wycombe to Milton Keynes would send you south to the m3 and then around the m25!

Tks, jules

Not sure if it uses the factory mic, but it is very clear.

The quality of navigation is good it has full uk post code and speed camera data base, also European mapping I think you can order it with tom tom sd card if you want.

#19 ·
Perhaps a stupid question, but I really would like to know - does installing an aftermarket player void your warranty? Perhaps it is dealer specific, but I remember that the audio system has a separate warranty period from the car itself so in theory you should not have a problem with regular service. Am I right?

#20 ·
Looks cool, especially for the money. Quick questions, does it use the inboard mic above the driver seat? And also how do you find the quality of navigation? Is it full postcode in the uk? I've got a tom-tom which is great in the uk, but I've used a mate's cheapie halfords sat nav before and it always seemed to choose bizarre route choices eg high Wycombe to Milton Keynes would send you south to the m3 and then around the m25!

Tks, jules

#24 ·
Just got this reply from Witson.

Thanks for choosing our HOT SALES model W2-D9519K NEW KIA SPORTAGE, for details you check this link:
2011 KIA SPORTAGE (New Arrival)----ZHUHAI WITSON INDUSTRIAL CO.,LTD.---Professional Car DVD Player Manufacturer

The price of W2-D9519K with GPS (no map included)+shipping cost by TNT (door to door service) is USD425.00.

Optional:
igo map card:USD10.00/unit
TV antenna: USD6.00/unit
Camera: USD25.00/unit

Any question, just let me know.

Regards,
Bob
ZHUHAI WITSON INDUSTRIAL CO.,LTD.---Professional Car DVD Player Manufacturer

#25 ·
This is all looking rather interesting! After reading leslloyd's comments I have sent an e-mail to Bob @ Witson asking about prices for Australian delivery (plus a few other queries). I will be watching with interest to see how this all comes together. The only down side I can see with this unit is the discussion relating to warranty issues should anything go wrong with the unit. Also interested to know if it is a direct plug'n'play unit that is compatible with the amp and sub-woofer in the top spec model. Will keep you informed of any news I receive.

#27 ·
Would be very weary of this seller!!!!!!! he took our money saying he had them in stock then e mailed to say they had none in stock and we would have to wait for one to have correct connector and RDS and i pod, unless we wanted there demo one, after a long wait i asked for our money back and ordered one from witson which came within 5 days.

#32 · (Edited)
It`s not too difficult, you have to remove the dash trims either side of the radio there are 2 screws above heater control hidden behind plastic covers,
Then you can pull them away from the dash, the radio is held in with 4 screws unplug factory unit and plug in witson unit :) then your only wiring is to position the GPS aerial, we put ours here.

Re fit trims and job done ;)

We have gone on and fitted AMP and Sub woofer speaker so had to do a bit of extra work, but if you just want the standard unit then its plug and play.

Good points are...

Factory fit & looks, plug & play
Very easy to use
Touch screen that works
i go navigation software is excellent
Blue tooth is clear and connects to our phones with no fuss
Dvd screen is one of the best i`ve seen
Virtual 6 disc changer is very clever
Radio is good and has RDS and traffic for Europe
I phone works from touch screen
Steering wheel controls work
Factory USB & AUX connections work with unit

Bad points...............

Difficult to set up!! as in you need to set all the different volumes up for each source and navigation is on SD card so you need to install it on first set up :huh: i found this very difficult but got there in the end, also you need to program navigation to 2 zone so works with all other inputs.

All in all it`s very good unit for the money and for all the UK First edition gang who could not have factory navigation as standard then this is a good solution for not a lot of money.

#37 ·
Looking to buy a 2011 KX3 or KX3 Sat Nav so finding this thread has been useful.

If I could be reassured that an after market sat nav would do the job of a higher model then I might just go with the KX3.

Anyone know if any units can be linked up to make it a reverse camera as well as a sat nav?

Also does the sat nave do the hands free phone thing or is that a standard feature of 2011 models?

Thanks
Grant, Scotland

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.