Don't want to seem like a complainer, but, I bought this new and has approximately 2100 miles on it. Chose a V6 rather than a 4 cy because of the power difference. Also got it with out the 3rd row seat. Here are my observations so far:
1. Engine oil leak, front center ahead of wheels, puddle about 1 ft in diameter for 1 weeks use.
2. R Rear wheel squeak upon exit from garage.
3. Engine rattle when cold starting, last's about 3-4 seconds before oil pressure comes up, then quiet. Warm engine restarts, no noise.
Lifters ticking, about 4 ticks, then quiet and then more ticking. Lasts until warm.
4. UVO radio makes up its own mind when to talk and not. i.e. Tells us no phone connected, when we check connection, says it is connected. Radio selection does not understand the command most of the time. Other days perfect recognition. Audio from call via bluetooth to cell phone is often to noisy to understand.
5. I know it is new, but gas mileage is 17, mixture of city highway. We are not lead footers.
1.The engine has a rear main seal leak, will change the pan gasket first and then the rear main seal. I am not feeling good about this at all.
2. There was rust on the wheel, they cleaned it, however still squeaks.
3. I have to return the vehicle for an over night stay to hear the rattle ?? I am betting they will not hear anything. They would not allow me to listen to a new sorento (cold) start up on the lot?
4. They claim there is a new soft ware update for the UVO.
5. They said I have to wait until 3K miles before the mileage "sets in".
Did some reading in this forum, about "o" ring seal on the oil filter, allowing the oil to drain out of the filter overnight, thus engine starts without oil pressure until filter fills again, thought they would have fixed it by now??
Will allow them to "fix" these problems, then thinking of lemon law or trade. Not a good experience so far.
Seen someone else post about this, mine does the same thing. It will not accelerate after making a right hand turn for about 3 seconds. When you pull out into traffic, this is not what you want to happen.