I'm such a dufenshmirtz.... OK here a final recap
I'll admit that since I've gotten nowhere with this project that I've worked on it only a little at a time. When I attempted to remove it, the stuck wiper arm seemed to only move slightly when I tried pump pliers, metal scrapers, etc. Nothing seemed to work, and I was intimidated
Finally the other day I was in the auto parts store for another errand and saw liquid wrench. I glossed right past in and left to store, but later in the day I recalled seeing it. I thought, what the heck, I can try some WD 40 on the broken, stuck wiper arm and see what that does.
BAM! It took 3 seconds to pry the arm off with the pump pliers. It was amazing. Popped in the new arm and wiper blade and I was good to go. Only took me 6 weeks to figure this out. haha