Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, Wa
Drives: Kia, Toyota, Saturn, more to come.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2004 kia sorento diode replacement steps.
1. remove the (2) kick panel screws (2004 sorento only has two). For the foot panel next to the seat you may have to pry that piece up.
2. pull back the rug to expose the fuse box and wiring harness.
3. The wiring harness to the left of the fuse block (see picture), feel it and you should feel a small bump in it, that's the diode.
4. either unwrap or carefully cut the wiring insulation to expose the diode.
5. Its in a sleeve type of connector pry open carefully and pull out.
6. Put everything back in reverse order and your golden.
* i did this without disconnecting the battery, and as soon as you replace it you will see your dome/room light come on. sweeet
* the part from kia runs about $16-$18.
*part #: 9138A 3E000 (thx Zukman31 for the model number)
Hopefully the pictures come through.
Last edited by Castro2; 08-16-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Reason: add info.