Kia Forum banner

Repair Manual For 1998

14K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  gilbert643 
#1 ·
my sportage started to stumble when i give it gas in second and third gear. i think it is in the fuel filter but have no idea where to find it. haven't been able to find a manual anywhere. would really appreciate it if some one could help. thanks

#3 ·
What makes you think I'll know where the fuel filter is lol. Axeman is the best source of knowlege for sportages :D

OK.... OK.... I do know where the fuel filter is. It's not under the back seat. That's your fuel pump in a sportage. In our sportages the fuel filter is over by your battery on the firewall. I replaced the one on my 97 this past winter. Not a fun project if you dislike getting fuel on you. The best thing to do is start the vehicle and pull the fuel pump fuse. That'll kill the engine and reduce the fuel pressure in the lines so you don't have to deal with excess fuel. Oh on a note. Be sure to get the right fuel filter. I believe there are differences in the model years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.